Our Pre-Budget Sumbission for 2019 is Published
We have made our pre-budget submission to Government ahead of Budget 2019. We are calling on the Government to invest in Ireland’s infrastructure, grow Ireland’s businesses, and invest in Ireland’s human capital.
This year, the Chamber is arguing that the fiscal space should be used to safeguard Ireland against external shocks by strengthening the fundamentals of the economy: our infrastructure; our indigenous business base, and our labour market.
Among the issues we have highlighted so far are:
- The low level of capital investment in Dublin
- The need for investment in public transport and water infrastructure
- Ireland’s lack of tax competitiveness vs. the UK ahead of Brexit
- The need to support and reward entrepreneurs
- The need to encourage more investment in Irish SMEs
- Skills shortages in the Greater Dublin Area putting pressure on wage costs
- The need for more affordable childcare to improve low levels of female participation in the labour force.
Our Pre-Budget Submission can be viewed here.