Momentum 2017 - Early Bird Ticket Offer Ends Soon!
Momentum is back! Following last year's hugely successful event, we are delighted to announce that our one-day Momentum Summit conference will return to the Aviva Stadium on Friday 19th of May. A fantastic lineup is guaranteed - we'll be announcing details of all the speakers over the coming weeks. Early bird tickets for Chamber members are priced just €30. But that offer will end on Tuesday 14th April. BOOK YOUR TICKET NOW!
Article 50 has been triggered. So what now? PwC today published a new report which aims to help bring greater clarity for Irish companies who are concerned about the impact of Brexit. Read on for PwC's thoughts on what will happen next and for a free copy of 'The Signal from the Noise' report.
Is a Directly Elected Mayor Really What Dublin Needs?
Join us in the Chamber on Wednesday 12th of April as we host a special briefing to explore what type of governance structure would best serve the Dublin region. At the event you'll hear from a representative from each of the main political parties on their ideas for reform. Confirmed speakers are:
John Lahart TD, Fianna Fáil Spokesperson on Dublin;
Eamon Ryan TD, Green Party Leader,
Senator Kevin Humphreys, Labour Party Seanad Whip & Spokesperson on Dublin;
Eoin Ó Broin TD, Sinn Féin Spokesperson on Housing, Planning & Local Government; and
We were delighted to unveil the Chamber's new look last week. The change is the first of a series of exciting new developments that we will roll out over the coming months, including a dynamic new online networking platform for members and the next phase of our plans to create a long-term vision for Dublin. We look forward to sharing details of these very soon! In the meantime, let us know your thoughts on the new look.
News Roundup - What's Happening at 7 Clare St This Month?
* No Cars on Eden Quay? * We are preparing a submission in response to the City Council's plans to block off Eden Quay to private vehicles. We'd like to hear your views on the proposals. If you'd like to have your say, please take 2 minutes and fill out our short survey.
* Poolbeg Submission * The Chamber made a submission to Dublin City Council regarding the plans for the Poolbeg West SDZ. The submission is available to view on our website.
* Corporate Tax Rate * The Government is carrying out a review of Ireland’s Corporate Tax Rate. Please share your views with us on what changes you think are needed. To help get you thinking, the Department has posed a few questions. Feedback to email@example.com.
* Gemma Joins the Team * We are delighted to announce a new addition to the Chamber team, Gemma Kentish. Joining the Chamber as International and Export Services Assistant, Gemma has a background in European politics and moved to Dublin from Wales. Gemma has just completed a Masters in Trinity and previously worked in a publishing company in London.
* Join Us On Instagram * Are you an Instagram user? Follow the new Dublin Chamber accountfor a behind the scenes look into what's happening in the Chamber and around Dublin.